Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Getting Back on Track

Sunday I ran 17 miles on a treadmill.  This is not typically how I would choose to complete a long run, but I didn't want to risk an achilles flare up.  My goal was to run for as long as I could pain free and switch to the arc trainer.  I was anticipating 10-12 miles, still long for a treadmill run, but not unmanageable.  Since my achilles never bothered me, I completed the entire 17 miles on the treadmill, and now I'm ready to take on any run!

I took Monday as a day of rest, and today I plan to do a 10 miler from work, including the Newton hills.  I have to get back out there sometime, and after nearly a month of indoor training, I'm ready for a run in the fresh air.  I plan to take it slow and just enjoy the scenery.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment