Monday, February 6, 2012

2 Miles at Normal Pace!!

That's right!  This announcement would not normally be cause for celebration, but after 2 weeks in runner's jail (training on the Cybex Arc Trainer,) I am excited that I had no trouble completing 2 miles and normal pace on the tread mill.  My ankle is still a little stiff, so today I will return to the arc trainer for my workout, but tomorrow I plan to do my entire run on the tread mill.  I needed something to jumpstart my training, so my return to running came at the right time!

On a somewhat different note, I have been trying to pack more protein in my diet to rebuild my achilles tendon.  I switched yogurt brands to Chobani b/c they have 14g of protein in every cup.  This has proven to be a pretty good switch, as long as I stick to the "normal" flavors (pomegranate and honey are TERRIBLE!!)  I also switched my typical snack bars to Power "Protein" Bars.  They taste like feet, and make me a little sick to my stomach, but they have 24g of protein in each bar!  I have a stash that will last me through next week, and then I will be switching back to my traditional snack bars.

13 days until my next race: The Old Fashioned 10 Miler in Foxboro.  This is supposed to be a relatively flat course, and a lot of fun, so I hope that I am 100% by then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment