Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28, 2012

Today is my 32nd birthday, and I have reached the most frustrating part of my training.  A few weeks ago, I woke up the day after a long run and noticed that my right ankle was swollen.  It was strange, because I did not remember twisting it or falling on it, and it hadn't bothered me at all the day before.  It didn't hurt at all either.  I took some Advil, and by the afternoon I ran on it with no issues.  I thought it was weird, but it seemed to be fine, so I didn't really think much of it.

As the weeks progressed, it seemed to be stiff when I started running, but after a mile or so, it would be warmed up and would be fine.  Well that was until this week.  It turns out I have achilles tendonitis, and after nearly a week on the arc trainer, I am still not ready to return to the roads.

I know that my coach told me that as long as I keep up with my workouts on the arc trainer I won't lose ground, but have you ever tried to do a long run on an arc trainer?  I have to keep telling myself - it WILL be worth it when I get back on the road!  Hopefully I will have my first run as a 32-year-old soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment